Be Plant Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in December 2018. Our mission is planting the seed (pun intended) of the responsible use of herbs in lieu of pills. You can find more about us at www.beplant.org. We are ready to expand our board for 2020 and currently seeking:
- Board Secretary
- Board Members
- Volunteer Writers (both board and non-board member)
General Role & Responsibilities: All board members are expected to attend monthly board meetings. Board members are also expected to educate and support fellow Board members. Maintain confidentiality of the board meetings. Speak on behalf of the board, only when authorized to do so.
Board Member Specific Role & Responsibilities: Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives. Participate in events, network for the organization and sharing the mission within their community. Contribute skills and expertise to advancing the mission of Be Plant.
Board Secretary Role & Responsibilities:
The secretary shall be responsible for keeping records of board actions, including overseeing the taking of minutes at all board meetings, sending out meeting announcements, distributing copies of minutes and the agenda to each board member, and assuring that corporate records are maintained.
- Serve on the executive committee (when applicable)
- Maintain all board records and ensure their accuracy and safety.
- Review board minutes.
- Provide notice of meetings of the board and/or of a committee when such notice is required.
Desired candidates will have:
- Interest and/or passion for plant-based or herbal medicine
- Skills and expertise that would advance our mission:
- Blogs/content creation
- Event planning
- Grant writing and fundraising experience
- Holistic health & wellness
- Web development
- Minutes/notes taking experience preferred but not required for Board Secretary role
Note: These are unpaid positions.
All board roles start with a one year term and subject to renewal by voting members.
Interested? Email your resume (PDF format) with a brief introduction to email@example.com